If your here then you probably have one issue or the other with your QSAT decoder and you think doing an upgrade should solve the problem or you have been told by your geek friend to do so.
Now before i proceed to tell you how to obtain the firmware to be used for the update please read the following care fully because when i first updated my QSAT 23G decoder i was not told these and i went through i tedious time getting my channels back and a few other settings.
- YOU WILL LOOSE ALL YOUR SAVED CHANNELS AND SATELLITE SETTINGS
- MAKE SURE TO WRITE OUT YOU SATELLITE LIST PROPERLY WITH SETTINGS TO ENSURE YOU CAN SETUP AND SEARCH YOUR CHANNELS AFTER THE UPGRADE
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A CONSTANT AND CONSISTENT SOURCE OF POWER DURING THE UPGRADE
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT FIRMWARE FOR YOUR DEVICE
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING AGAIN
- You must have a stable electricity, if your electricity is not stable, please use an inverter or a generator.
- You must use only a virus free USB flashdrive( to be sure of this,
you can format the usb drive before you copy the file into it)
- Once you download my files, you will need to extract it after
extraction, you will see two files inside the folder, the read me file.txt and the software.bin you are required to copy only the .bin file to your flashdrive then read the text file (Note: q23g has already been extracted).
- It is worthy of note that your qsat need not be connected to the internet throughout the upgrading process.
- Once you have met the above requirements, please plugin your usb to
your qsat, on your remote now press MENU>>UPGRADE>>USB /
UPGRADE, select the file you copied to your usb earlier and click on ok
to start the process. Once the process is completed, your decoder will
reboot that is all.
Have a great one,